Friday, October 4, 2013

Happy 1st Birthday, Sweet Boy!



It is amazing to me that a year has gone by since you entered this world. This day last year I was so happy I could finally hold you, see who you looked like and start to learn every little thing about you.
You were my 8lb 12oz "little" blessing even though the whole hospital staff talked about how big you were.  You were the perfect angel then and you still are now.

Even though it has flown by, it is amazing to think about all the things you've done in 12 short months. You've mastered the art of walking, clapping and waving. You have 8 adorable little teeth that make your smile as sweet as can be. You've been on an airplane 16 times and will take your first international flight in 2 weeks! You were a rockstar sleeper right out of the gate... I'll stop bragging :)

You will likely not remember a single day of your first year of life! (I will do my best to fill you in later.) But I guess that's a good thing. Watching you scream and cry through x-rays and CT scans is not something even I want to remember. So luckily you won't have to. I hope the same for your surgery.
I can still remember being wheeled away to the OR when I got my tonsils and adnoids taken out in 2nd grade. I think about how my parents must've felt that day and I well up. I am my mom now... it's my turn... and it's scary! My birthday wish for you is that this will be the hardest thing you ever have to endure in your life.

Today, I will do my best to not think about the surgery or the pain you'll experience. Instead, I will focus on all the wonderful moments from the last 365 days. You have made me smile every single one of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment