Wednesday, November 12, 2014

1st Cranio-versary!

Dear Finn -

Happy 1st Cranio-versary to my brave little man!
Today marks 1 year since your CVR (cranial vault remodeling) surgery! It might seem like a funny thing to "celebrate" but we feel it is important to remember that day.

I often wonder what kind of questions you'll ask me, in the future, to try and better understand what you went through. I hope this blog will help me remember the finer details. But you can be confident that I will remind you how strong you were and how much strength you taught me. You thrived in the days and weeks following your surgery and everyone was amazed by you. I was so proud to be your mommy.

I will remind you of the outpouring of love and support from friends and family near and far. Your friends came to visit, their parents brought meals and those far away sent more presents than I've ever seen! You were, and still are, so loved.

It is amazing to think of all you have accomplished in the last year! In some ways your are that same sweet baby boy you were then, but yet you've grown so much. You're not a baby anymore. Everyday you come out with a new word or show a side of your personality that makes mommy and daddy laugh and smile.

You have off from school today for parent teacher conferences. (Because somehow you are old enough to be in school!) So it is a perfect day to celebrate being a happy and healthy boy. Daddy and I are so grateful that you enjoy school and seem to be doing well. We (kind of) joke around that we are glad we made room for that brain to grow!

Thank you for starting every day with your contagious smile. I hope you continue to teach me how to be gentle and loving and strong and brave at the same time. (And soon you can teach your baby sister too!)

Wuv you
- Mommy


* We see the neurosurgeon and plastic surgeons in the coming weeks for his 1 year post op appointments. I will be sure to update the blog, with the doctors notes and before and after pictures, when we do.


School picture - October 2014

2 days post op

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kara,
    Thanks for such a great informative blog!
    I suspect metopic and saggital suture fusion in my little guy and trying to get CFS appointment.
    Would love to hear an update !
    You are probably busy with the new baby.
    Congrats from a stranger ! :)
    Mariya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment and motivation to update!! Our little lady decided to sleep in this morning (yay!) and gave me some time to write!! Glad the blog is helping. Good luck to you and please email if you have any further questions! karaduffy@gmail.com

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete